Friday 21 January 2011

The Epic Walk!

Wanted to get my hair cut and shaped again, and was planning on going into the city to get it done in the hairdressers, however after meeting up with an old best friend Ami she said that she could do it for me as she is training to be a hairdresser, so trusting her with my hair, i got a lift to her house all the way in Giffard Park. Got my hair done, and then Ami said she had to go and get the bus, however my mum was still not available to pick me up, and i was all the way on the other side of Milton Keynes, with no money, and my phone loosing battery. I then remembered that my Nan lived near, and decided to walk to her house, even though i had no idea how to get to Downhead Park from Giffard Park. 

The walk:
I asked Ami to point me in the direction of the main road, and that was the way i walked along, it was 9pm, and very dark, was a bit worried as Giffard Park is the location where a man had gone missing only 3 days ago.. I got to the main road but there was no signs, i saw a red way and decided to walk down it... as walking down the red way it was dark, and by the side of me was big bushes and trees, which freaked me out, kept thinking that i would find the missing man, or someone would come along and try and kidnap me or something... so i begun to run..... and run..... and run.... for at least 5 or 10mins down the long red way.
<<< For those who dont live in Milton Keynes... this is what a red way would look like.
However imagine it pitch black, with the street lights, dimmed.

After running at least a mile and half, i reached a bus stop, and went up to it as it was on a main road, and wanted to get my bearings, however i had NO IDEA where i was... though i recognised the main road, and knew which way to go so i decided to walk a little bit longer along the red way, in the direction of the main road until i reached yet another bus stop, though then i decided to walk along the road instead of the red way, as it is a lot brighter, and cars would see me if i was in trouble! As well as that i was able to see road signs. After about 5 or 10 mins, i saw a road sign for Downhead park, though i had to get to the other side of the road, lucky enough there was a underpass... even though it meant i would have to go back onto the dark red ways. Was getting quite cold, as only had jeans and a hoody on. Went under the bridge into Pennyland, and walked along the red way, using the help from sign posts. After a while, i saw Neath Hill shops, which i recognised as i have walked there plenty of times with my auntie. Once i got to that point, i knew where i was and after 10mins i got to Downhead park. 

Then i got to a cross section in which i was not sure if to go straight up or turn left... I decided to turn left.. and as i got to the end of the path i realised i had gone the wrong way, and was about to turn round when some weird man came out from around the corner, at first i was exteremly worried, and i clenched my fists and was ready to attack him, however he was a chubby man holding something in his hand, he looked very suspicious, he begun to talk to me asking how i was, and to have a good night... and that's all he said over and over again... how are you? have a good night! i couldn't exactly turn round now, so walked up the street fast to get away from him, and then as i looked round a corner, i recognised the street and walked quickly to it. It was the street that my Nans house was on, and i was only 4 doors away, i soon arrived safe and sound at my Nans.

A 45min walk, a tad cold, the fear of finding the missing man and been spoken to by a crazy man i made it! :)

My Journey:
HOWEVER... this is the route i took...


Follow x

No comments:

Post a Comment